If you want to see the Emoji icon on your device, please follow the steps below to replace the font.
1. you need to have a rooted device. For how to root your device, please google it yourself.
2. backup /system/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf by adb or Root Explorer
3. download the font with emoji from http://www.sendspace.com/file/wurmc4
4. replace the font in /system/fonts/DroidSansFallback.ttf by the "downloaded font" by adb or Root Explorer
5. if you use Root Explorer, please press "Mount R/W" on the top right corner to enable the write permission on /system/fonts/
6. set the file permission of the font as below:
user = read & write
group = read
others = read
If you have used Font Changer to update the font previous, please use Font Changer to replace the system font to Emoji Font. Otherwise some of the Emoji could not been shown up.
◆◆◆◆ or you can download Emoji Font Updater below ◆◆◆◆
Once more, please backup before you do anything.